Monday, August 4, 2008

Why God allows me to be poor

Today I had a good fellowship with this long time sister of mine.We knew each other through POS a few years back and I really thank God for having a friend like her.She often gives me a new perspective on things which i often miss.And forever she is saying i am a replica of her 2nd brother.-.-


We were talking on the topics on why God allow us to go through many things and the first thing that came to my mind was that the one area that i went through most was the lack of finances.Those who know me well will know that I am not born into a prosperous family.I think i really went through alot. Like walking home after i realised i got less than 10 dollars left. Having no money to eat for a week, having to go through alot of things and struggles.I got to admit, sometimes I really shed tears of frustration.I mean i often ask God, Where are you? When is it going to stop? I went through it not like months but years of such time.


Then one day i realised that staying where i was is not going to turn things around.I began slowly to understand the principle of saving and money management.I began to see that I was a poor manager of my wealth.I often didn't know how to curb my poor spending habits.I often have impulse buying and never have this mentality of building up wealth. The moment i start to realise this and in a way "forced" to work on these areas, my situation began to change and things turn for better.



Why God allows me to be poor? Today i would say Why not? Each and every of us will be put to the test.If i were to be born into a rich family, i would almost definitely not have a good sense of wealth management but also a arrogant attitude.Be it broken family, abusive/hurtful relationship or even like me, a poor financial situation, God has intended for us to go through something so that we can emerge stronger, with that area of life built up.Once we are ready to handle that area of responsibility, He would definitely fulfill the promise He has for us.


I remember that my eyes teared alittle when God spoke to me and said," This is why I allowed you to be poor"


It sure is tough.


You got to trust what He has planned for you.Believe it or not, He really has the best of interest for you!

1 comment:

Yuantai said...

i guess we are born to be overcomers of whatever situation we are in. even those who are born into rich families have their own set of problems. instead of focusing on the problems, we learn to focus on the solutions. instead of the negatives, we focus on the positives...cecilia always say how her father trains her to be financially independent. the experiences are tough, but i always tell her in the end she'll come out stronger and more independent.