Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What is the point i want to prove


Today marks the first of the three days of entrepreneur workshop i am going to attend for my TIP course. I must say i am really inspired! The two speakers for today really give me some insight to how successful companies model their business and how they stand out in the industry.

One particular point made by the second speaker struck me. He mentioned that people often do well and excel because they have a point to prove.Like how singapore prove to our former brother nation we can survive by ourself, how taiwan prove to china they can do well, how HK prove to china and England they are something and how south korea wants to prove they are different from their neighbour.It really struck me because I realise that I work so hard to prove a point.What point do i have to prove? :>


The factor what ultimately push a person near or beyond his normal best performance is usually when u have something to prove or u can afford to lose. Cut the backdoor and u will give ur best shot. Fighting for a cause is alway the best motivator in whatever we do. Lance armstrong is perhap best example. He got everything to prove. To prove to himself he can overcome cancer, to prove that he can become champion once again, to prove to others he did it by himself and not through drugs.



As my Uni life approaches the end, i have been asking myself and praying about the next step to take. Now i have proven to myself that i can do well in school despite my background, what point do i want to prove? What is my life heading towards? If there is one point i want to prove to the world, how and what would that be?

What is the point i want to prove?

No comments: