Monday, January 5, 2009

attached

In one week's time, two of my female friends got attached! Congrats!

Looking at them reminds me of the past when i got attached! The excitment! The joy! The expectation of good things to come! The Experience that is to come!

*Jump up and pump my fist*

Then as i recall, all the "not so pleasant yet impt* experiences started to flood my mind. A relationship is not easy because of the differences that oen have to overcome and get used to. Changes have to be made. But at the end of the day, promise of greater joy, support and someone to pour your heart to makes it all worth it.

Thinking back, i think i was attached 6 to 7 times. Out of which only 2 of them are serious.I got to admit, some of which were because the girl like me and i just went ahead. Needless to say, it will not last.


Now being older and wiser, my expectation of love is not longer as before(of cos!). No longer do i look for excitment , thrill or fun. What matters most is substainability. I look for the one that i know i will love for life long. Can i promise that? no! but i do what i can and God will do the rest.Does that mean excitment, thrill and fun cannot exist? definitely not, it jus means they become part and parcel of the relatiosnhip.


Spiderman once said "With greater power, comes greater responsibilities".
I said " with greater attraction, comes greater temptation." Everyone goes through a certain degree of temptation while in a relationship. I guess the one thing i learn is that both party have to keep each other strong. I rem one relationship of mine lasted long despite temptation because my ex kept me strong by meeting me regularly and display her affection. In a relationship, it takes two to chacha.



keep smiling!

No comments: