Friday, June 13, 2008

Work

Updates on my work!


This is me when i am going to board the ship.I will be equipped with
1)coverall- to keep myself clean
2)helmet- to save my head and it did many times.
3)safety boots- able to withstand 1T of weight.
4)safety goggle- to keep dusty , debris from entering my eyes.
5)ear plug- the noise level on board a ship is super high! worse than airplane flying, so u need to wear them to protect ur ears
6)gloves- to keep ur hand cleans and against rusty or sharp objects
7)safety harness- to secure yourself when u go up to scafolds or platform
8)torch light- let there be light and there will be.
9)Id tag- to know how many ppl are on board or in confined place
10)face mask- to protect my lungs in places with heavy welding or cutting.

what an average scenery will look like in my shipyard


the ship my project is tasked to convert


other ships


100T crane.



more and more different form of cranes


some oil tankers of sort next to my ship


The peak! me on top of the 50T crane which is to be installed.nice to see the end product after fixing it up from pieces


Top of the world!


The seahorse crane..one that floats on water..


the telescopic gangway..a thing for u to walk


the helideck..it is under assembly and in top down position


The SPA room.


HAHA..actually it is not, they are doing hyro blasting to clean up the place.It is LOUD!


Time really move so fast and i am heading to my 6th week on intern.It is really a good experience so far.Learning so much and meeting so many different ppl at work.So far what i haveposted are the site works, i did alot of paper work too.Mostly time planning and learning all the paper work to manage a project.Unlike most of my friends who don have much to do at their internship company, i kept pressing my mentor to let me do more. Hopefully i can learn as much as i can!

No comments: