Thursday, June 4, 2009

Interviews

Just got called up again for another bank interview. Think it is the same 2k miserable pay. I seriously wants to go into Banking. But with such a low pay, how do i even survive? I think at least as an engineer, I still can choose to go into engineering. One of my first class business friend is going to take up the NTUC management trainee program! With all due respect, but i was thinking as a first class business student and mind u, she was shortlisted to be the possible Valedictorian of her cohort, she can go for something even better.


I am going to apply for as many possible opening as i can. Of course those i have interest in. Someone told me i am too practical and go for money, I almost wanted to burst out laughing. I guess everyone is entitled to his or her view. Personally i take whatever opportunities that is available and consider them. One of which was a civil servant job which pays well but had a pretty high stress level. I guess as i told MH, i will be putting it as the last choice because it is not what i am keen in. Perhaps the travelling and meeting of ppl, but not the high stress level. Even though the starting pay is 4k and high chance of going into management.


I am glad that i went through the PhD, the Sembcorp Marine interview, the Banks interview. I seriously don't know what will be the one i am eventually going to take. I believe with all my heart i have no need to hurry. One thing for sure, the interviews really trained me in my presentation skills, my knowledge of the various industries. Most importantly, it is a self discovering process. I wish i had more choice. Basically i am jus fluctuating between engineering and banking, Someone told me MOE is a good choice, because of the good money(qouted by the same person). I guess if money was the reason, i think perhaps i would have taken on PhD which pays me so much better.


Life is short. Don't live in your well. Come out and experience how great and wonderful this world can be.

No comments: