Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day1

Tml will be my first official day starting work. Real work.

My department consisted mainly of very experienced colleagues. Those who have work at least 7 years on ground and 3 years in the office. It feels abit threatening when I first stepped into the office, like you are the young chap waiting to be slaughtered. HAHA. Glad to find a guy there who is of the same age as me. I think the next one nearest in age to us is about at least 10 to 15 years older than us.

Spoke to my department boss about my job scope. Basically i have darn lots of the things to learn. I am given a few manuals to read for this few days. My job basically involved calculating the cost for the projects. Sometimes we work in team, sometimes alone, depending on the size on the projects. Eventually when i get better, the ultimate aim is for me to get business for the yard. I think this is going to be abit challenging. It may takes me years to reach that stage and also, drinking and having dinner with the clients is not really my cup of tea.

Anyway tml will be my first hands on day. Hope to get my name card fast. And should be topping my table with some food and drinks. Time to bribe the seniors! haha

No comments: