Tuesday, May 13, 2008

First day on ARV 1

Today i went on board ARV 1 for the first time. it is really a very different experience. ARV 1 is actually first of a kind vessel in the world. i can't really reveal what it does(nothing special really). but i really learn alot of new terms, like starboard, bow, stern, sea chest, sea pipe, draft gauge, decks, forward, hull etc..


the ship are huge... i was simply overswhelmed by their size when i walk past them...ppl usually cycle around because the place is simply too huge to walk( from my office to my ship requires me to walk for 10mins).


i guess this internship is more to familiarise me with the role i will be playing in future. it is all about meetings meetings and more meetings. there is VSCC( vessel safety committee crew ) meeting every morning 9am on deck 7. There is production meeting every tue and thur in the office. yesterday i went for the dry dock production meeting. i heard tml there is another meeting with the owner of the ship. i took alook at the schedule for this week and there is at least 10 meetings to attend! most of my time will be meeting and planning rather than walking around the ship.


to have a glimpse of wat i look like


here contain my helmet, my ID tags , my goggles, my gloves, my ear plug



there is also another safety harness for us


there is also a safety shoe for us to wear..supposely to be able to take a ton of weigh on each leg



and there! this is how i look like before i board any ship...look like bangla worker lor...haha...but i am wear this like 20% of the time, rest of the time i will be up in the office in my formal wear.




enough of intern, i finally rem to get my toner.


recommended by the sales lady. she initially wanted to intro me this $45 toner! guess it is too ex..esp when this is my first time using toner in my life.

No comments: