Monday, March 23, 2009

Run

Yesterday i went for a jog at the track across the road. I used to go there when i started to run a year back but decided to switch to running along pavement. However, yesterday my mood wasn't good and i decided to head back there and have a out-of-the-norm run.


The track is about 300m so to hit 5km , i need to run about 17 rounds. I usually run as fast as i cn for the first 8 rounds before enduring through the rest. The track is usually frequent by uncles and aunties and occasionally, younger and fitter runners.


Yesterday was one such day.


I was at my 12th round when i spot him stretching at one corner. His body is well toned and he looks fast. After my 13th round, he sort of disappear. I just kept running, faster, cos i don like the fact someone will overtake me.


At my 14th round, i heard footsteps behind. I knew instinctively it is him. I pick up my pace and refuse to let him over take me. I kept pushing and opening up my stride to gain speed.

But alas, he still overtook me. As i see his back view getting smaller and smaller, i still persisted on. trying to get as close to him as possible.


As i completed my 17th round, i didn't managed to catch up with him. But it doesn't matter. In life there is good days and bad days, some days you lose some days you win.I still felt good because i know i did my best. Perhaps after a few month of training, even under the same condition, i might be able to prevent him from overtaking me.


What matters most is not how i started the race, but everytime how i choose to end it.


Giving my best for His clory.

No comments: