Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Believe

I posted this song a couple of weeks or months back. Recently i have heard pretty bad news around me. Today i was on my way back from leader's meeting when my friend told me her mum had a huge tumour in her brain which is affecting her sense of smell and causing her to faint occasionally.They went for a check up a few weeks back and discovered it when the report came out today. It is prety sad as her family is not well to do and alot of problems immediately came to her mind.


Throughout the journey she was trying to hold back her tears when she spoke to me. I was at a loss of words too. But God alway work in ways we don't know. I began to recall this quote i learn from my statistic lecture today.

"In this world, there are things that are known knowns. They are things that are know unknowns. Of course there are unknown unknowns."

I began to encourage her , telling her that God never put us in a trial or temptation we cannot overcome. For He works in ways we do not know or apprehend. Even now i am also heavy laden in my heart. Compared to her, the problems i faced are like chicken feeds. I really pray that things will turn out ok for her.

Even for those who are going through tough time, Be still and know He is there watching over us. Just like the song, there will be fears and doubts but alway trust that God can do a miracle for you if you believe..



Many nights we've prayed
With no proof anyone could hear
In our hearts a hopeful song
We barely understood
Now we are not afraid
Although we know there's much to fear
We were moving mountains
Long before we knew we could...

There can be miracles
When you believe
Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill.
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe,
Somehow you will...
You will when you believe.

In this time of fear
When prayer so often proved in vain
Hope seemed like a summer bird
Too swiftly flown away
Yet now I'm standing here (now I'm standing here)
With heart so full I can't explain
(together) Seeking faith and speaking words
I never thought I'd say:

There can be miracles
When you believe
Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill.
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe,
Somehow you will...
You will when you believe...

No comments: