Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Work

Finally i am back home early from work! don't get me wrong, I have been busy for the last few night and i usually sleep after 12! and i have to wake up at 6 plus to work! I am glad i finally can have an early night!

Work has been pretty good today! quoted my second ship! it is a "one-dollar" project to my company but still i feel i achieved something! Neo have been pretty encouraging and not forgetting my "GodFather" at work, Raymond! haha..he never fails to teach me about work and also the way we should lead our lives. I have been reading and trying to quote old job which the senior have quoted before.

Other than the routine work, there are also pretty much events going on in my company sports club. Almost wanted to join the pool competition but too bad we sign up late. Oh ya tml we are going to have a photoshoot!!! Must try to dress smart!

The highlight of the day is and always will be to read the circular in my department. Before you think it is some crap, it contain everything about the company in a nutshell. The circular contin all the emails between my company and other companies, major news in the shipping line and all the relevent stuff such as new regulation etc. not forgetting that the magazines and insider info about shipping industry! Even though i have been in the company for about 1.5 months only, my knowledge about the shipping industry has growth by 400% or so! The way ppl do business is so darn cunning! Really learn so much !

I hope I can learn as much as I can. I need to constantly keep in mind about the big picture!

Funny conversation at work

Raymond: hey Titus you go to church? < shouting from other end of office)

Me: Yes.

Raymond: Kim hock you also go church?

Me: no la, he go to mosque.

Raymond: you all never sign up for the 7th month ghost festival dinner but you are always welcome to join us.

Me: ok.

Raymond: Remember Buddha loves you no matter who you are...

LOL!!!!!

No comments: