Thursday, July 9, 2009

Commencement 2009

I will be conferred my degree on the 11th July at University cultural center at 10am.Do come support me if you can!

Went to Myrna's one today and she took quite a number of photos. After that we went for dim sum lunch, a treat by her parents.

I was pondering about commencement and realised there are mixed feelings from differetn people.

Most are feeling as per normal, kinda feel it is nothing special and not that life changing. I believe they feel that degree holders are everywhere and there are much more exciting milestones ahead. Or they simply don't see the thrill in it.

Some , on the other hand, feels damn excited. Like it is a very very important thing in their life. They cannot understand why the first group of people can even have the idea of forgoing the ceremony. To them, they have work hard and earn their way there. This ceremony is to reward and formally declare they have been there and done it.

The remaining ones, are the in between. We believe in the importance of going thru the motion and try to make the best out of it. We don think it is a waste of time to go yet we aren't that excited about it. Most of us sees it as a chance to make our parents feel proud. And that makes up the main motivation behind it.


Personally I am the 3rd group of people. I don see having a degree as "been there and done that". With all due respect, degree is not easy to get. I just see it as a phase of life. In the different phases, there are goals we want to achieve and the commencement is just an event to tell me i have met my goals for this phase and only this phase. I hope my parents will feel proud of me.

God really made me so effective during my uni life! With the various camp i organised, CCA i joined, the church committments I had, yet I did relatively ok. I see this as a training process and I believe that the best has yet to come!


Deeper in love!

No comments: